- This event has passed.
Fiber Arts Day
September 30 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
From felting to quilting, knitting to sewing, and everything in between, join us for a fiber focused day full of workshops and artist talks all centered around the tactile world of textiles and fiber arts!
Free with Museum membership and included with general admission.
Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Time: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- B Town Yarn – Knitting circle with free knitting kits for all ages! (while supplies last)
- Arachne Weavers Guild and Moonspinners Guild – Members of the Guilds will share the history of thread making from hands to sticks and wheels to electric wheels. Enjoy hands-on demos using tabletop looms, spinning wheels and spindles.
- Beauty and Duty: Women’s Military Uniforms – Museum of Flight Living History performer Alice Miller will present authentic women’s military uniforms from World War I to Vietnam.
12:00 PM to 3:30 PM
- Friendship Bracelet Workshop – Come make a friendship bracelet for someone special in your life!
12:30 PM to 2:00 PM
- Vintage Aircraft Fabric & Walking Tour – Join Museum Aircraft Restoration Technician, Logan Shepard, as he shares the history of vintage aircraft fabric and takes you on a short walking tour of the Museum to highlight unique fabrics featured in some of our aircraft.
2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Electromagnetism and Embodiment through E-textiles and Wearables – Join Art+Flight artist, Afroditi Psarra, as she shares how she and environmental physicist, Cécile Lapoire, created Cosmic Bitcasting, a wearable radiation detector. The jacket is featured in the Juried Group Show, currently on view in the Red Barn.